Understanding the unique challenges faced by those retaking the bar exam, this course has been tailored to meet the specific needs of repeat test-takers. Our focus is to address areas of previous difficulty and boost both confidence and competence in essay writing. Students will learn to: (1) identify and articulate legal issues in dispute and (2) effectively apply facts to legal principles to derive logical conclusions.
Course features include:
(1) Three-Hour Writing Workshop: A hands-on writing course designed to bolster students' confidence and proficiency in writing. The curriculum is tailored to enhance the writing skills essential for the written segment of the bar exam.
(2) Seven Graded Essays: Students will receive individualized, constructive feedback, targeting areas that often pose challenges for repeat takers.
(3) Two Private Tutoring Sessions (1 hour each): Specifically designed to refine analytical and writing skills, helping students overcome past hurdles.
(4) Weekly Timed Writing Assessments: With live instructor reviews, these sessions train students to think and write coherently under time pressure.
(5) Morning Writing Sessions: In the two weeks leading up to the bar exam, students will tackle essays under timed conditions for seven weekday mornings, each followed by a live instructor review. Perfect for honing the skills needed for the big day.
(6) Personalized Learning Plan: Customized to guide students through the nuances of law and skills evaluated in the bar exam, with special attention to areas that repeat takers often find challenging.
(7) Access to Lectures: Focuses on topics that are crucial for mastery, especially for repeat test-takers.
"Essay Boot Camp Plus" is your strategic approach to mastering the art of essay writing for the bar exam, especially if you're giving it another shot.
Focused on enhancing performance on the MPT section of the Uniform Bar Exam, this interactive writing course equips students with the following essential skills:
(1) Factual Material Sorting: Learn to differentiate between relevant and irrelevant facts effectively.
(2) Relevant Application: Apply the appropriate law to pertinent facts, targeting client problem resolution.
(3) Legal Material Analysis: Decipher statutory, case, and administrative materials to determine the relevant legal principles.
(4) Effective Communication: Cultivate the art of communicating persuasively in writing.
(5) Time Management: Master the ability to complete lawyering tasks within stringent time constraints.
Course offerings include:
(1) One-Day Interactive Writing Clinic: Engage deeply with the writing process and learn through interactive exercises.
(2) Three Graded MPTs: Students will craft responses and receive detailed written feedback, addressing areas for improvement.
(3) Two Private Tutoring Sessions (1 hour each): Specifically designed to hone analytical and writing skills, ensuring every student achieves their best performance potential.
Enroll in the "MPT Writing Clinic" to gain a competitive edge in tackling the MPT segment of the bar exam.
Our 90-minute specialized small group tutoring sessions offer a deep dive into specific legal topics, from Mortgages and Personal Jurisdiction to the First Amendment. In these sessions, students gain a detailed understanding of select law areas, learn exam strategies, and immediately apply their knowledge through practice questions. An exclusive perk for students purchasing our small group tutoring sessions is the opportunity to participate in our specialized rule drilling sessions which are meticulously designed to evaluate students' mastery of the most frequently tested rules in key bar-exam subjects. Here's what you can expect from our small group sessions:
(1) Enhanced Knowledge: Our instructors impart a detailed understanding of selected areas of the law ensuring students grasp complex concepts.
(2) Exam-taking Strategies: Beyond just understanding the law, instructors teach students how to excel in exam scenarios.
(3) Practical Application: After learning, students immediately apply their knowledge. Instructors guide them through practice questions, ensuring they can effectively apply their newfound knowledge.
(4) Topic Focus: Each session hones in on specific areas within a broader legal framework, such as "Individual Rights" under "Federal Constitutional Law" or "Motions" in "Federal Civil Procedure".
(5) Customized Sessions: Upon enrollment, students choose the topic(s) they wish to explore, ensuring their unique needs are met.
(6) Limited Group Size: With a maximum of seven students per session, we maintain an intimate learning environment conducive to interactive discussions and personalized attention.
The Small Group Tutoring Plus package includes: (1) 15 small group tutoring sessions; (2) a personalized learning plan designed to offer structure and guide students through the nuances of the bar exam; (3) participation in rule drilling sessions that assess students' knowledge and understanding of the most frequently tested rules in key bar-exam subjects; and (4) access to lectures on bar-tested topics.
Enrich your bar prep journey with "Small Group Tutoring Plus" – where comprehensive learning meets personalized instruction.
This course is specifically designed to target the MBE segment of the bar exam. Its primary aim is to equip students with the vital skills essential for success on the MBE. This course focuses on three main skills: (1) issue identification, which empowers students to pinpoint the exact legal issue being evaluated in MBE-style multiple-choice questions; and (2) effectively applying pertinent facts with the appropriate rules of law; and (3) logical deductions that enable the selection of the correct answers.
As part of the course offering, students will participate in seven 90-minute workshops. During each session, they will tackle timed MBE-style multiple-choice questions, which are then immediately reviewed in a live session with an instructor. Additionally, the course offers techniques for analyzing MBE questions and covers the key rules frequently tested in each subject area.